
I just got back from the post office and I'm so in the Christmas spirit now. I got to the P.O. five minutes before it closed, and there was no line, and the speedy postal clerk processed my seven packages in about five minutes! Thank you, postal gods, and thank you, sweet postal clerk, who I'm sure was eager to get home after a busy day!

In the mail were sweetly scented sachets that keep the moths away from wool items. I sewed these up last night, along with the felted sweater pouches to hold the sachets. I stuffed the sachets with a combination of cedar, cinnamon, and cloves for the linen pouches and lavender, rosemary, wormwood, and cinnamon for the organza pouches. You can imagine that my sewing room smells heavenly!

The tutorial for the organza pouches is from Martha Stewart and can be found here. Apart from a morning hunting down the various fillings, this project was quick and very easy. However, next year I'll start my handmade Christmas goodies earlier (I say that every year!!) and add a freezer-paper stencil to the linen, ala maya*made.
Hope your handmade holiday bears the scent of cedar and cinnamon!
4 comments:
What beautiful gifts! I want to make them next year! I love the thought of your sewing room filled with heavenly scents!
I love those little sachets. I think I can smell them from here.
Last week I made some sachets myself to fill with lavender and other delightful smells. They are made of felt and on them I sewed tuareg crosses for decorations. I will post them in January.
How wonderful. I love the idea of cedar and cinnamon....
Post a Comment