And what happened then . . . ?
Well . . . in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
--Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1957)
Well . . . in Who-ville they say
That the Grinch's small heart
Grew three sizes that day!
--Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1957)
It took three days for me, but, like the Grinch, my small heart grew three sizes this weekend. I spent time with two amazing women, with a third amazing woman present in spirit. My friend Maya hosted a visit from our mutual blogging friend Margie. I could not imagine a more appropriate setting than N.'s barn (the third woman whose presence encompassed us in a very loving way) to finally meet Margie, whose blog I instantly fell in love with when I first read it last spring. (This was the first post I read of Margie's.) I really am not adept enough with words to express how incredibly special it was to be in the physical presence of such loving, brilliant, and creative women. To see the world through their eyes as they experienced it, to hear the sweet timbre of their voices, to enjoy their quiet laughter--my heart is indeed full with the feeling that our friendship blossomed this weekend.
If you don't mind indulging me, I'll be sharing more of our weekend in future posts. I'm going to need some time to process it all, and I think I learned more about the creative process--and myself--in this one weekend than I have in the entire year of this blog journey that I've been on. Perhaps I could even say that it was the culmination of my creative journey.
What I hope for you, my friends, in April to grow your heart and nurture your creative spirit: hike with a friend or two or three and let the conversation flow (be sure to go off trail to find a hidden treasure); watch a friend frame breath-taking photographs to enlarge your point of view; sit in a book store with a friend and a pile of books and magazines; window shop with a friend; unpack a suitcase of collected and created treasures with a friend or two.
4 comments:
You are such a beautiful, creative , wise and articulate person Pat. Your soothing voice and beautiful smile will be with me for a very long time or at least until we meet again.
By the way your photographs here are really amazing.
I'm so grateful for every moment of this weekend. I learned so much from both of you and now I just need to let it all sink in. I'm so grateful that I get to hear your soothing voice and see your beautiful smile all of the time. Ready for our next hike?
I love the texture of that chunky yarn against stone and wood. So beautiful. I am glad you had a restorative weekend!
Sounds absolutely delightful! What an inspiring group of women gathered together. I loved reading about this, and celebrating the friendships of women vicariously through your day together!
Post a Comment