The phrase "seeing red" captures the cartoon version of anger. A character's eyes bug out. Veins bulge. Bursting blood vessels color vision crimson.






I have a much sunnier alternative to that phrase: seeing yellow. Another component of my ecotherapy involves seeing and appreciating sun-catching yellows everywhere.
Sometimes they stand out alone against a green backdrop.
Other times a red barn or other building makes them pop.
They are energy, shimmering flames of a happy blaze.
They spur me on.
But add a little red, and yellow becomes stern: it spells caution.
9 comments:
great photos...I love the yellows and yellow-greens of this time of year!
about the only time I don't love seeing yellow is in people's skin color or their sclera.
Your photographs are really brilliant.
The yellow forsythia leaning over that white picket fence: beautiful! My favorite of your wonderful photos. Thanks for cheering me up!
Love the dandelion pic! Perfecto!
I see by your pictures that you are a few weeks behind us in the spring department. Our forsythia are all draped in green leaves now with the yellow blooms just a memory.
I love those! The yellows are so vibrant...They make me hopeful, that despite dreary rainy days, spring is coming!!!
Beautiful colours and beautiful photos! I especially love the red and yellow together. Much of the countryside around here now is blanketed with bright yellow mustard, today they were framed by brilliant blue skies.
Our forsythia came and went so very long ago. The dandelions linger...forever.
Lovely! Forsythia are my favorite sign of spring - the larger, and leggier, the better...
Post a Comment