SewGreen held an opening-night reception for its gallery show presenting all of the Green T Reuse Contest winners. My daughter and I enjoyed seeing the variety of shirts, dresses, hats, pillows, blankets, capes, and rugs made from old t-shirts and denim.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get shots of everything because my camera battery was low. But let me tell you, there are some very creative individuals creating inspiring designs out of repurposed materials. There were some beautiful hooked rugs made from old t-shirts that I'll try to post pictures of soon.
Luckily my camera held out long enough to get a few shots. Maya at maya*made, the grand-prize winner, posed with my favorite ensemble. I enjoyed seeing the sweet baby outfit in person, and it is made with great attention to detail. And isn't that wool scarf/necklace that Maya is wearing cool? I'll have to ask if it's a maya*made creation.
No comments:
Post a Comment