Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Myriad Mushrooms

The last two weeks have been extremely wet and warm, and our yard has sprouted an impressive variety of mushroom specimens. I'm not a mushroom expert, but I'm going to try to identify some of the ones I photographed. If you can identify any of them, please let me know.









Bird's Nest Fungus (Cyathus striatus)



5 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Those are some wild looking things. I'm really interested in those white cup ones with the little white balls inside. Never in my life have I seen something like that.

Margie Oomen said...

Fantastic pictures of your own little mushroom garden. What's with all this rain in july, very unusual. I will have to get out to the woods this weekend and see what kind of mushrooms I can find. Right now I only have colorful crochet ones on my porch. Your photography skills have improved so much, congratulations patricia.

mayaluna said...

I can't believe what a variety you've got in your own backyard. I might too, but would never have gone out to look closely if you hadn't posted this plethora of photos. This reminds me of your post about how closely your father looks at the world around him...you seem to have that gift! I agree with Margie, your photography is just incredible these days. I absolutely love those little Bird's Nest Fungi that have raindrop shaped eggs in them...so magical!

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I can't believe how many different mushrooms you have here. I'm so glad you took pictures of them all. Some are really fascinating. I just want to stare at them, and somehow I would want to have all their little pictures with their scientific and common names in a little journal.

Ella said...

oh wow, these are really great finds. those bird nest fungus are quite something.