Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Flower Gifts

Here are some beautiful gifts I received this past weekend.

Strawberry-stained daisies from my toddler. While we were out picking strawberries, he filled the bottom of his bucket with a varied collection of green, over-ripe, and dirty strawberries. He proceeded to eat every single one and had strawberry juice dripping down his leg. Afterwards he picked these daisies for my hair with his strawberry-stained fingers.


A photo lesson and a wildflower photo taken on my camera by maya, whose eye for a great image is impressive. She finds and captures the light.
Vintage collage flowers in a Javanese snack tray from this amazing collection. The combination of the tray's crimped edges and its delicate stamped motif in a dusty rose color with the collaged blossoms from long ago looks so East-meets-West natural.

Simple gifts from the heart from friends and family are the best. I am a lucky woman.

3 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

The strawberry stained flowers are the sweetest things. I'd put that photo and that write up in his memory book. Too sweet.

mayaluna said...

I love those strawberry daisies. What a beautiful capture. Your photos are wonderful, it wasn't really a photo "lesson ", was it? I just was having so much fun hanging out with you and our cameras. I love sharing time and perspectives with you, great friend!

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky woman. To have such a sweet boy, and time to hang out with Maya! And I'm a lucky woman to be getting to know you!