Thank you, friends, for all of the great advice yesterday about how to deal with Infomania, or Inspiration Overload. Making such good friends through this blog has definitely been worth the occasional bout of Infomania!
I've condensed your tips into a short list. When I'm feeling overwhelmed, I'll be sure to implement them stat.
1. Step away from the computer. Turn off the computer to allow ideas time to simmer and develop!
2. Offload all the ideas buzzing in your head somewhere.
3. Make something!
[Added note] This is my beautiful niece in the pinafore I made for her.
4. Involve the whole family (more about combining steps 2 through 4 in a later post!)!
5. When you turn your computer back on, go to finder sites like Rachel's oneprettything and allow yourself one click! (And for gosh sake, stay away from Flickr!)
6. [Added per Linda's comment. Wise words, Linda!] Do not use the excuse of not being tied to the computer to make a trip to Michael's or the fabric store or Salvation Army or that garage sale down the street or any other place that would remotely provide you with yet more inspiration/supply overload!
Please feel free to offer more hints in the Comments.

5 comments:
I love this post! I totally agree with turning off the computer and just walking away for a hour, a day a week, then returning refreshed. It's so hard in this day and age to feel like you're not "missing out" if you're not on 24/7.
And thanks *SO* much for the mention! It really made my day! I hope that my blog is helping people to feel like they're keeping up on all things crafty without being tied to their Reader all day long!
Oh, your little girl's a CUTEY!!!!
What a perfect follow up to your previous post! I might need to put a copy of your steps on my desk...maybe on my screen! I love seeing that little green smock/dress again. It came out so beautifully and suits the recipient perfectly! Looking forward to your post on collaborating with family.
Stay away from craft stores! I can't tell you how many times I've gone into Michael's and come out with supplies to start dozens of new projects, like learning to knit and soldering jewelry.
Linda
i've found that sometimes those times of percolation are precursors to some one big project that is so involving it kinda uses up all the loose ends....
Post a Comment