I am so inspired by all the handmade holiday posts that I've been seeing. Check out maya*made's series of posts, which begins today with some scrumptious (and easy) baby blankets. Resurrection Fern's felted Russian Christmas is very inspiring as well. It clearly isn't just me feeling that this holiday season calls for a real clarity of purpose and connectedness that a handcrafted holiday brings.
Thanks Ellie, at Mint, for the link to Mono, the producers of the PBS promo. Check out her fall table and yo-yo posts for some more inspiring ideas. She has an impeccable eye!
What will you be making with your own two hands this holiday?
6 comments:
I am close to tears and have watched and listened to the beautiful "with my own two hands" many times this morning. I have taught art to children for over 20 years....I have just sent the video the the teachers who share their children with me....The place where I share with so much love....with my own two hands. I am deeply grateful to have found/renewed this passion of mine, yet once again.
Susan
I love Jack's version! I have been overwhelmed by all of the good ideas out there! There is simply no excuse for not making gifts this year.
Linda
P.S. Re: My last comment-
I hope your lovely blog readers understand I was poorly articulating, that your generosity far out weighed my piddly package. I felt like I won the exchange lottery!!!
thank you pat!!
I can't wait to see what your two hands will make for this holiday season. Thanks so much for linking to my russian inspired WIP and by the way I love that song.
Well, after spending all weekend on my Scavenger Project I have creative burnout, but I think with my own two hands I will bake something today!
i just made a list. at the top, three one-inch high cloth dolls from a kit for my blue bayou tree, finishing the lords a leaping garland from an ancient and very fabulous martha stewart i began last year, some homemade coconut candy for my ancient mother, who truly wants nothing else, a crocheted scarf embellished with shells and feathers and drilled pennies and felt gingko leaves, and to keep my sanity, a small afghan made to suggest godzilla's skin.
Post a Comment