How did I miss the British Film Institute's release of a collection of Lotte Reiniger's fairy tale films on DVD? The two-DVD set was just released late last year, and it's an amazing resource for film historians and fans of Reiniger's animated silhouettes. I first encountered Reiniger's work in a magazine find from a used-book sale, and I'm still amazed at how ahead of her time she was. I think this DVD is certainly worth relaxing our family's no-TV experiment for a special screening. I'll be sure to post a review.

4 comments:
Sounds intriguing! I will have to check it out. I am reading a book about symbolism is fairy tales. Thanks for the tip.
How exciting and perfect! Can't wait for the review... I'll pop the popcorn if you want to do another screening!
This sounds wonderful!
I'd never heard of Lotte Reiniger before. Her paper cuts are extraordinary!
Post a Comment