Friday, January 22, 2010

A New Home for Snowglobe Stone

The Snowglobe Stone has found a new home in South Dakota. Thank you, Peggy, for supporting Haiti by Hand.

If you haven't done so already, please read Rebecca Sower's profiles of the Haitian women who are part of the artisan group that will be helped by this project. Women like Elcy and Berta. Their creativity and courage are amazing, and they fill me with hope that given support in (re)building Haiti's infrastructure and connecting these talented makers to global markets for their products, Haiti will not only survive this recent tragedy, but thrive.


Please consider helping these women as they build the scaffolding for self-sufficiency. It doesn't take much.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I had the stone in an Etsy shopping cart, closed up because I didn't have my password, then when I went back it had sold :( So beautiful. I will go back to find something else, however!

jackie said...

I had been wondering how to help out, and this might just be the way.

Lorena said...

thank you for posting the links to the profiles of the women - so inspiring and something i'm going to share with my friends! would you consider posting our project for the haitian children called the hearts campaign. the info is here www.theheartscampaign.blogspot.com

i really enjoy your blog...

joanie said...

Beautiful stone, and wonderful you Pat!