Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Brightness of Bunnies


The bunnies keep multiplying! Yesterday I stitched together three bunnies that had been in various stages of completion. I am looking forward to seeing the bunnies that will get sewn up from the Cuddle Bunny pattern.


When I saw all of the bunnies I've made together in a basket, I tried to remember what the collective noun for rabbits is. A rabbit warren? When I looked it up, I found several nouns for a collection of rabbits. A warren and a colony and a nest of rabbits are familiar. But I found some unusual forms as well. A bury of rabbits. A down of rabbits and a drove of rabbits. A husk and a leash, and a trace and a trip of rabbits. For baby rabbits: a wrack of rabbits.


 I'm calling my little collection of happiness a brightness of bunnies.

8 comments:

Fiona said...

They are so cute. Can't wait to try making mine up at the weekend.

Erin Kate said...

Love the colors! They are adorable!

Anonymous said...

a brightness of bunnies sounds totally blissful & cheerful to me ! :D You have found a way to spread happy cheerfulness & positive brightness, my friend ! The brightness of bunnies in the last photo is priceless !! xoxo

Margie Oomen said...

amazing bright bunnies

Tara said...

"A brightness of bunnies" is the perfect term for your bunnies.

Tara said...

I'm interested in the pattern, but it is sold, and I the price is not listed either... are you able to put more in the shop?

tomoko said...

Very cute bunnies!

jackie said...

well of course that is the perfect description!