I am taking a week-long blogging vacation but will leave you with some photos of the woods in spring. I tried to incorporate
BlueMountainsMary's photo tips when taking these shots (see the bottom of the page).

Wild boar in the woods

Obligatory mushroom photo

Wolffia and tree reflection

Lone trillium
Canada goose family heads to the pond

The male keeps watch . . .
. . . while the female and the goslings take a dip.

Recumbent luna moth

Fairy parasols, or mayapple leaves
Mayapple flower

Pinecones that look like crimson roses
3 comments:
What a beautiful post. The pictures are fantastic and I loved your notes...I can't believe you spotted that nearly hidden luna moth! Hope you have a great week...I'll definitely miss checking your blog. Maybe I'll come back and just visit the geese a couple of times:)!
Love this kind of scenery. My family will be back in the UK this summer at my parents' old farm house in Dorset. It's where Buddens come from so we'll be piggin out on afternoon teas and local cakes and trout for dinner.YUM! Can't wait. Thanks for your comments on my blog it's good to know there are other like minded souls out there! Looked at your profile - What on earth is frito pie?
Thanks, mayaluna! I had a great time photographing the woods as I walked around with newly opened eyes. I think that's why I was able to spot that luna moth.
Tim, the scenery in upstate New York is gorgeous and lush this time of year. It's such a treat to take walks and see something new growing each time.
Post a Comment