(This is my daughter's desktop picture on her computer.)Best Mother's Day gifts so far today:
- sleeping in until 8:15 a.m. Unheard of!
- a pancake brunch made by my expert amateur chef hubby
- waking up to the following exchange with my toddler:
T: "It's morning time, Mommy!"
Me: Mmmhmmmm.
T: "I want you to talk to me, Mommy."
Me: "What do you want me to talk to you about?"
T: "Armadillos."
UPDATE.
More favorite things from my best Mother's Day ever:
8 comments:
Priceless! Happy Mother's Day to you too!
Happy Mother's Day! Did you end up discussing armadillos?
Happy Mother's Day, Jenn! And good luck with your adoption journey.
we did end up discussing armadillos, mayaluna (thanks for catching my typo!). It went something like this:
Me: Well, armadillos live in Texas, where Mommy was born.
T: We saw them in the museum.
Me: That's right! You're so clever to remember! And they have tails and are very slow.
T: I want some milk.
Hi---I just found you through Flickr but had to comment on this post! I love your list of happy Mother's Day moments---all very wonderful!
Thanks, berlinswhimsy! I read your blog regularly, and you are quite an inspiration for me. Keep on blogging and crafting!
hehehehe....armadillos. THAT you must write down in a book for that child. Unforgetable!
I love the driftwood. I always pick up bags full to use with my preschool and kindergarten art classes. It is just so beautiful before you even do anything to it.
Post a Comment