Saturday, June 14, 2008

Miniature Landscapes

When you look at our lakeshore from far off, it's really pretty uninspiring. The heaps of twigs piled up along the shoreline look like a homogeneous beige mess. But when you look much, much closer--on the scale of inches--subtle shapes and colors appear. The tumbled rocks, the curled-up leaves from last fall, seeds and seed pods, and other organic material of questionable origin combine to form remarkable collages.












Here is our intrepid bark boat, with its seed pod captain, sailing away after exploring these miniature landscapes.

4 comments:

campbellgirl said...

There's so much beauty in our world, isn't there? Sometimes we just have to look closely to see it. Love your photos. xx D.

mayaluna said...

Wow! These are great photos...from the first(kayaks) to the last( your own sweet vessel)! I loved you nature collages through photography...and, as always, I thoroughly enjoyed everything you have to say!

Rowena said...

I love your micro landscapes. I love that you have to focus in and see the intimate composition of what the world is made of to see what you see.

And I love the title of your blog.

Zen Crafting. Awesome.

Thanks for visiting my warriorgirl blog.

Anonymous said...

I saw your nature pics on flickr - lovely especially your boat!