Sunday, June 1, 2008

Swappin' and Barterin'

Late Thursday night I returned from my vacation after a LONG day of traveling feeling tired, cranky, and in need of a shower. But the crankiness immediately dissipated when I opened the mailbox and found not one, but TWO, packages of artsy-craftsy goodness. What a double treat!



Snippety Gibbet sent an Artist Trading Card (ATC) with one of her delicate and whimsical paper cutouts. It's gorgeous, and I love how the water pours from the watering can onto the flower. I would love to find out how she achieved such graceful cutting lines and exquisite details on such a tiny card (2.5" x 3.5").

Thank you, Snippety Gibbet, for the card and the inspiration!

A few weeks ago, Resurrection Fern proposed a "swap shop" on her gorgeous blog. She suggested sending some of her overflowing stash of vintage textiles and trim in exchange for whatever the reader thought she might like.




If you follow her blog--and you should--you'll know that Resurrection Fern is an avid collector of vintage loveliness in all its forms, and she has a fantastic eye for overlooked treasures.




Well, not surprisingly, the package she sent did not disappoint! The fabrics, trims, and buttons were thoughtfully coordinated in blues and oranges.


The bundle of goodies was tied together by this perfect blue and orange fish trim, a treat in itself.
These pieces of barkcloth have scenes of Rapunzel and Little Red Riding Hood.


The beautiful blue palette of goodies included buttons and a piece of a lovely, soft patchwork quilt top.


And Resurrection Fern must know of my affinity for orange, because the orange duck tea towel and the orange clown bib piece are just the right shade and vintage designs. (My daughter confirms that the clown is "not one of the scary ones.")

And this gorgeous, silky piece of fabric combines both blue and orange.



Thank you, Resurrection Fern, for the thoughtful and inspiring treasures! I can't wait to start creating with them.

3 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I'm so glad that the ATC was a nice surprise. Don't you just love goodies in the mail?????

mayaluna said...

You're one lucky crafter! Sounds like quite a mail day. So excited to see what it all turns into...

Margie Oomen said...

I am really looking forward to seeing what you make with these things as well as seeing what you are sending me. Have fun being creative.