Rainy Days and Saturdays

I am nursing a wicked sore throat on this rainy Saturday, so the Honey Bear is almost empty, and my husband's split-pea soup is awfully comforting, despite the heat.
My toddler takes advantage of any chance to wield an umbrella in the rain, so we headed outside (camera in hand, of course) to look for the woodchuck's home. (I love our resident woodchuck, except when he dumps over our trash can at night and helps himself to our trash. I wouldn't have thought such a fat, lumbering creature could scale a tall trash can, but I actually saw him do the dirty deed. I much prefer it when he eats the dandelions in our yard.)
That sneaky woodchuck was too fast for us to get a (camera) shot of him, but we did see several snails. Though much slower, they proved tough to capture on film as well. Resurrection Fern does a much better job, so you can enjoy her snail shots here.
You can see the gray sky through these chestnut leaves, and the light made it challenging to capture images without a flash.
2 comments:
So sorry to hear your sick...it's always just a little easier on a rainy day! Hope you feel better soon!
Hope you start feeling better soon! My oldest and I had to clean up the disgusting trash that the neighbors dog got into and spread all over the place. Uuuuugghhh!!
Post a Comment